Friday, February 10, 2012

My First Completed Hairpin Lace Project




I had a great day yesterday as I had the whole day at home to myself and was able to just indulge in my passion for crochet. I am fast approaching the end of Part 1 in the Crochet Diploma course and one of the garments that I have to submit must be an accessory that has to include another form of crochet such as broomstick, tunisian or hairpin lace. As well it had to be in a fashion yarn.

I have been working on this for a couple of weeks as the hairpin had to be in 3 strips of 270 loops on either side of the spine. Then they had to be joined and finished round the sides etc.

I used the Kristin Omdahl pattern "Tessa" but in different yarn so the look is slightly different.

This is the finished article and I am very pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment